***UPDATED THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018***
Like you, we have been watching the weather forecast closely. Hurricane Florence certainly hasn’t made her intentions clear.
As we balance patient and staff safety with your need for medical care, we will post office closures and update as conditions warrant. Right now, our plans are:
- Smithfield Office — Closing today, September 13 at noon.
- Four Oaks Office — Closing today, September 13 at 4:00 p.m.
- Riverwood and Clayton are OPEN today and operating on their regular schedule.
- ALL OFFICES CLOSED ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
- BOTH CLINICS CLOSED THIS WEEKEND.
Call the on-call physician at 919-934-8171 if you have medical needs during this closure.
As long time residents can tell you, our county is quite large and weather impacts various areas differently. We are making decisions based on typical conditions for each office location. We will update this website throughout the storm: See the red bar at the top of the page for the most current information about closures, etc. We will also update our Facebook page and WRAL as conditions warrant.
What you should do today
- Prepare your emergency plan if you haven’t already done so,
- Get refills for all medications that might run out in the next two weeks. The state of emergency for North Carolina allows you to refill needed medications early.
- Evacuate to a shelter if you need electricity for medical equipment sooner rather than later.
During the storm and recovery
- If you have a medical need when our offices are closed, call the on-call physician at 919-934-8171.
- If you have a medical emergency, call 911.
- Do not drive in dangerous conditions, especially through standing water.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and our great state as we endure this storm.